Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Flexible schedule full-time, part-time, per diem all shifts
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the RN, Nursing Supervisor, Unit Manager, DNS or ADNS, the licensed practical nurse delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient family satisfaction. He/she operates within the scope of practice defines by the state nurse practice act. The LPN contributes to nursing assessments and care planning, provides direct patient care, and supervises patient care provided by unlicensed staff.
1. Patient Evaluation
- Collects, reports and documents objective and subjective data
- Observes conditions and reports changes in condition to RN
2. Care Planning
- Contributes to establishing individualized patient goals
- Assists in developing interventions to achieve goals
- Implements the plan of care
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions to achieve patient goals and minimize re-hospitalization
- Participates in review and revision of plan of care
3. Provision of Direct Patient Care:
- Administers medications and performs treatments per physicians order
- Communicates pertinent data to RN and or physicians
- Documents accurately and thoroughly
- Consults and seeks guidance from the RN as necessary
- At the direction of the RN, participates in utilization management or interdisciplinary care management meeting to facilitate appropriate discharge planning
- Communicates team's recommendations for discharge to attending physician, patient, and family
- Prepares patient/family for discharge- including patient family education
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an approved school for practical or vocational nursing is required
- Must be currently licensed by the State Board of Nursing
- Experience is preferred
- This is a position that requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak, and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and visitors at the worksite when responding to their medical and physical needs.
- Current physical assessment skills and comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles required, including the ability to recognize and identify symptoms and manage emergency situations.
- Knowledge of medications, their proper dosage and expected results
- Ability to coordinate delegate and supervise nursing functions, problem solve and make decisions as necessary
- Ability to create a patient centered environment
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of computer use
Health Center 4