POSITION TITLE: Certified Nursing Assistant- 2 Part-Time 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm Shifts Available; 1 Part-Time 11-7 Evening Shift Available
REPORTS TO: DNS, Charge Nurse/Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she will function within the standards of practice as accorded by his/her certification. The CNA performs various patient care activities and related non-professional services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of patients.
1. Provides patient care in a manner conducive to safety and comfort. Patient care includes, but is not limited to:
2. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds
3. Accompanies patients when transported outside the center for appointments as requested.
4. Ensures patients are ready for scheduled rehab therapy and transports patients to rehab area.
5. Notifies licensed nurse if patient identification is missing
6. Participates in the care of the planning process and implements care according to care plan.
7. Performs skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation.
8. Applies simple clean dressing, slings, stockings, and support bandages, under direction of licensed nurse as permitted by state regulation.
9. Feeds or assists patients with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per care plan.
10. Records patient's oral intake and output
11. Uses Sigma Care according to the Business Processes, if applicable.
12. Answers call light or bell promptly, delivers messages, cleans areas of spillage or accidents.
13. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all patients. Adheres to contact and or droplet precautions as indicated.
14. Participates in the orientation of new nursing assistants.
15. Reports changes in patient's condition, patient/family concerns or complaints to charge nurse and or supervisor.
16. Collects and bags soiled linen and delivers to dirty linen area.
17. Obtains clean linens and supplies from supply areas, clean utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas as assigned.
18. Cleans patient equipment as assigned.
19. Transfers patient's belongings and equipment as directed and assists with postmortem care.
20. Assists with patient discharge as requested.
21. Assists with orientation of newly hired CNAs
22. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment.
23. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individuals needs, choices, and preferences.
24. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients, and families.
25. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested.
26. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information at all times.
27. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and or needs of patients
28. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Successful completion of a state approved certified nursing assistant program.
2. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma preferred.