Certified Nursing Assistant- Flexible Schedule Full-Time, Part-Time, and Per Diem
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she will function within the standards of practice as accorded by his/her certification. The CNA performs various patient care activities and related non-professional services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of patients.
1. Provides patient care in a manner conducive to safety and comfort. Patient care includes, but is not limited to:
2. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds
3. Accompanies patients when transported outside the center for appointments as requested.
4. Ensures patients are ready for scheduled rehab therapy and transports patients to rehab area.
5. Notifies licensed nurse if patient identification is missing
6. Participates in the care of the planning process and implements care according to care plan.
7. Performs skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation.
8. Applies simple clean dressing, slings, stockings, and support bandages, under direction of licensed nurse as permitted by state regulation.
9. Feeds or assists patients with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per care plan.
10. Records patient's oral intake and output
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Successful completion of a state approved certified nursing assistant program.
2. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma preferred.
Health Center 4