Under the direction of an Activity Director, to provide group and individual activities for the residents. The number one goal is to bring fulfillment and happiness. By smiling and bringing a positive attitude to work every day, it will promote a joyous atmosphere for the residents; does related work as required.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
· Assist the Resident Activities Coordinator and Senior Recreation Aide in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which enrich the lives of the residents
· Proactively encourage and support residents' rights.
· Work with volunteers - assist in work direction of volunteers as needed
· Transport residents to and from activities as needed
· Invite and encourage all residents to all programs as appropriate and conduct "Meet and Greet" at the beginning of each program
· Facilitate the activity, and be aware of all residents at all times
· Clean up after each activity and leave the day room in good condition and ready for the next activity or meal
· Assists in the measures taken for the care, custody, and safety of residents during group activities
· Assembles, erects, dismantles, and stores the equipment and supplies used in the recreation program and leaves areas in good condition
· Must answer all call bells accordingly
· Duties will involve personal contact with a varying resident population
· Tasks also will involve record keeping, attention to the environment, use of supplies and equipment, and maintenance of storage areas
· A possible varied work schedule that may include some weekends, evenings, and holidays
Health Center 4