RN –Assistant Director of Nurses
· To assist the Director of Nursing Services in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day to day functions of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards governing long term care facilities, and as may be directed by the Administrator
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITES:
· Participate in developing; maintaining and periodically updating written nursing
policies, procedures, reference materials, manual, objectives and philosophies.
· Assist in developing and implementing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services.
· Implement plans of action to correct deficiencies.
· Complete medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charts, etc.
· Ensure that all nursing services personnel are performing their respective duties.
· Participate in developing and implementing a nursing services organization structure.
· Participate in surveys and inspections by government agencies
· Make reports and recommendations to the Director of Nursing Services and Administrator concerning operations of the department.
· Participate in interviewing and screening residents for admission to the facility.
· Inform personnel of new admissions, ensure rooms are ready, greet and escort new admissions to their rooms.
· Schedule daily rounds and monitor residents treatment and medications to ensure residents are receiving proper care.
· Review nurses notes to ensure proper documentation is maintained relating to residents treatment, medications and conditions.
· Ensure proper record keeping by physicians.
· Report problems areas to the Director of Nursing Services and assist in developing corrective actions.
· Assist and participate in developing a care plan and comprehensive assessment of each resident.
Health Center 4