Full time Cook position available at Woodbriar Health Center
Under the supervision of a Food Service Director, prepares and cooks foods in large quantities according to diet, consistency, and cycles of menu. Monitors methods of food handling, preparation, meal service and equipment cleaning. Serves meals. Has general supervision over food service workers in a kitchen; does other related duties as required.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
· Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry
· Prepares raw ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, meats, poultry, and fish for the cooking process by
washing, peeling, slicing, seasoning, and so forth.
· Cook food according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and numbers of portions to be served
· Insure that all cooking temp logs, temp when taking out of oven and holding temp, are up to date
· Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
· Operates steam cookers, stoves, ovens, ranges, and other cooking equipment
· Prepares soups, salads, desserts, and beverages
One (1) year of experience as a cook involving the areas of food preparation and processing including but not limited to cooking, baking, meat cutting, pot washing, dishwashing, and the serving of food in a commercial or institution kitchen.
Health Center 4