RN Director of Nursing
Woodbriar Health Center is looking for a full time RN, Director of Nursing who assumes responsibility and accountability for all nursing and clinical services. Although interdisciplinary effort is required, nursing and clinical services include but not limited to; patient quality of life, patient experience, nursing services, physician services, clinical outcomes, discharge planning, staff recruitment, staff retention, overtime , staff scheduling, employee morale, infection control, restorative nursing , in-servicing, training, continued education, harmonious workplace, customer service, policies and procedures, federal and state compliance. The DNS must lead by example by promoting positive morale within their department and throughout the facility by smiling and greeting residents, families and all employees. Reports directly to the Executive Director, does related work accordingly;
Job duties include (but not limited to):
- Maintains and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Participates in daily morning meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Evaluates the work performance of all nursing personnel and implements discipline according to operational policies.
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on unit, absence of odors, general cleanliness, and apparent maintenance of optimal resident functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and application of Key Clinical Quality Indicators, and proactively monitors and implements systems to achieve and/or surpass company thresholds.
- Exercises overall supervision of resident assessments and care plans.
- Reviews 24-hour report from every unit daily to monitor and ensure timely, effective responses to significant changes in condition, transfers, discharges, use of restraints, unexplained injuries, falls, behavioral episodes, and medication errors.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing is requires
2. Must be currently licensed by the State Board of Nursing
3. Experience is preferred
Health Center 4