JOB DESCRIPTION: CENTERS
1. Is subject to frequent interruptions
2. Communicates with maintenance personnel and other department directors
3. Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary, as well as in other positions as needed
4. Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.)
5. Is required to be on-call for emergency situations
6. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs
7. May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals
8. Maintains a liaison with other department supervisors to adequately plan for maintenance services/activities
9. May be required to work in cramped spaces and in adverse weather conditions
1. Must be knowledgeable of boilers, compressors, generators, etc., as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
2. Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
3. Must be knowledgeable in life safety codes and safety regulations
POSITION TILE: Maintenance
1. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
3. Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing maintenance in a health care setting
4. Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
5. Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc
6. Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.
7. Maintain the appearance of maintenance areas
8. Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for order, safety, and proper performance of equipment.
9. Perform maintenance duties as requested by facility supervisor.
10. Perform maintenance projects as directed by the director of maintenance.
11. Respond to employee and residents needs
12. Conduct audits, tests and maintain monthly logs for all areas of life safety code and other equipment maintenance
13. Shovel, salt and clear steps, walkway & parking lot when needed.
14. Upon arrival to facility and periodically employee should check the maintenance communication books complete any tasks listed and sign once complete
15. paint and touch up areas as necessary
16. maintain & service light fixtures and change light bulbs as necessary
17. maintain toilets and plunge or snake when necessary
18. make sure all designated emergency exits and walkways are clear and free from any obstructions
19. Employee is to be available and is expected to assist with set up and clean up of special events, activities, parties, etc
20. Clean and change heaters/air conditioner filters as necessary
21. retrieve mail from the post office when asked
22. test the fire alarm weekly
1. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday
2. Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
3. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
4. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately.
5. Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
6. Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical examination
7. Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet
8. Must be able to handle the equipment and supplies normally used in performing maintenance services