RN, Full Time 3pm-1130pm Monday through Friday
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the RN Nursing Supervisor, Unit Manager, DNS or ADNS,, the registered nurse delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient family satisfaction. He/she operates within the scope of practice defined by the state nurse practice act and delegates aspects of patient care to LPN's and CNA's consistent with their scope of practice. The RN manages patient care by performing nursing assessments and collaborating with the nursing team and other disciplines, patients, and families to develop effective plans of care.
Collects, validates, synthesizes and records objective and subjective data
Prioritizes data collection based on patient needs
Analyzes all data
2. Care Planning:
Establishes realistic and measurable short and long term goals for the identified health problems and needs
Develops individualized interventions to achieve goals
Determines timelines within the care plan
Conducts a systematic and ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes
Reviews and revises plan of care as indicated.
3. Implementing Care:
Performs nursing functions and provides care within scope of practice
Coordinates and delegates care as appropriate
Verifies that medical orders are accurately transcribed
Administers medications and performs treatments per physician orders
Communicates and documents interventions and patient response
4. Managing Patient Care:
Delegates care responsibilities to staff considering
Complexity of care
Competency of staff
1. Current physical assessment skills and comprehensive knowledge and nursing principles required, including the ability to recognize and identify symptoms and manage emergency situations
2. Knowledge of medications- their proper doses and expected results.
3. Ability to coordinate delegate and supervise nursing functions, problem solve and make decisions if necessary.
4. Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to create a patient centered environment.
6. Basic knowledge of computer use
Health Center 4