MDS Coordinator The MDS Coordinator is responsible for assuring timely completion of accurate assessments and interdisciplinary care plans that meet Federal and State guidelines. Although interdisciplinary effort is required, the MDS Coordinator includes but is not limited to; MDS accuracy, MDS transmission, care plans, UR, nurse note accuracy, discharge planning, QAPI, family meetings, harmonious workplace, customer service, policies and procedures, federal and state compliance. The MDS Coordinator must lead by example by promoting positive morale within their department and throughout the facility by smiling and greeting residents, families and all employees.
Reports directly to the Executive Director, does related work accordingly; Duties include (but not limited to): • Completes assessments, Minimum Data Set (MOS} and care plans for all residents assigned.
• Monitors completion of MDSs by other disciplines within timeframes prescribed by regulatory guidelines.
• Advises supervisor of incomplete and/or untimely assessments by disciplines other than nursing.
• Ensures accurate, timely completion of the MDS/RAPs/Triggers sheet for assigned residents.
• Initiates care plans and supporting activities that will result in best possible outcome for assigned residents.
• Participates in morning clinical meeting
• Conducts Utilization Review meeting. Ensures that all disciplines have updated and accurate information.
• Participates in discharge planning
• Participates in care plan meetings
• Participates in family meetings
• Maintains and updates all care plans and assessments for assigned residents on a quarterly basis (at minimum) and adds/deletes issues as necessary.
• Reviews all resident incidents and accidents and the 24-hour report daily to ensure that care plans for assigned residents reflect current and changing needs.