JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance
1. Must be knowledgeable of boilers, compressors, generators, etc., as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
2. Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
3. Must be knowledgeable in life safety codes and safety regulations
POSITION TILE: Maintenance Specific Requirements
1. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
3. Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing maintenance in a health care setting
4. Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
5. Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc
6. Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.
7. Maintain the appearance of maintenance areas
8. Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for order, safety, and proper performance of equipment.
9. Perform maintenance duties as requested by facility supervisor.
10. Perform maintenance projects as directed by the director of maintenance.
11. Respond to employee and residents needs
12. Conduct audits, tests and maintain monthly logs for all areas of life safety code and other equipment maintenance
13. Shovel, salt and clear steps, walkway & parking lot when needed.
14. Upon arrival to facility and periodically employee should check the maintenance communication books complete any tasks listed and sign once complete set up and clean up of special events, activities, parties, etc